Whether you are a teacher, scientist, entrepreneur, or any professional, chances are you will need Excel skills for your job. Opening Microsoft Excel for the first time might be overwhelming if you have never worked with a spreadsheet before. There are so many features in this application that it is difficult to know where to start. And anyone who knows about excel knows it has many benefits. This is where the below article at Excel Champs can help you get your hands on Excel.
Learning Excel Can Be Intimidating
Excel has a bad reputation, so many people are afraid to try it. Since technical literacy is no longer a viable option for modern employees, it is best if you pick these skills. With umpteen online resources, you can learn excel for next to nothing. Moreover, excel is a universal application that benefits everyone regardless of their profession.
Benefits of Excel
- Excel is vastly used, so if you store your data in Excel, it can be shared with others and accessed without hassle.
- It has a host of functions ranging from basic calculations to complex formulas that you can customize.
- Data storage has one purpose – data analysis. With Excel, you can do data analysis easily to get meaningful insights.
- With Excel, you can compellingly tell your data using charts and presentations. This function provides recommendations and variations to pick your style to present your findings effectively.
- This application also has a print function to customize margins and layout per preference.
- As a bonus, Excel comes with pre-loaded free dashboards and templates that you can customize for your work reports.
- This application comes with its own coding language called VBA (visual basics for applications). You can automate your basic tasks using this coding language.
- Excel also has the functionality to consolidate, extract, and transform data per your requirement. Running a simple query can save you multiple hours and fetch you the precise information you are looking for.
- Power Pivot is a function within Excel that you can use to save and run calculations on millions of rows at once.
- Excel has its user-friendly cloud version and can be used easily on your mobile.